Wednesday 26 November 2008

Steph's Work in Brian's Mole



This is Steph's stunning mixed media addition to Brian's Stretch Mole. Brian, you might just have to pry my hands off this journal to send it on back home. It's really lovely and I hope you post it as a slide show when it's landed.

Steph has used ink and collage and watercolor(?) to give her watery Autumnal contribution some real graphic punch. Lovely combinations here. And sorry it took so long for me to post. (S, thanks for the little addition! I might just pass some of that on in the form of an addition to this book!)

6 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

I think this one is stunning! Good show, Steph!

Brian McGurgan said...

This is very cool, Steph - gorgeous color and linework. Can't wait to see it in person. I'm doing some rework of my addition to your Genesis book - I was nearly finished but wasn't happy with how it was coming out. Last night I took a damp paper towel to my pages and have scrubbed down to the underwash and will start again from there. I should have it ready to send on to Lorraine on Monday morning.

daviddrawsandpaints said...

Yep, I love the colours in this one too - they really sing out, and the leaves dance across the page!

Gesa said...

Oh... like it a lot. Did some of your cold finger sketches make it into the warm inside here, Steph?
The leaves look almost glowey, translucent... what were they in their former life?

vivien said...

beautiful - glowing and vibrant and just gorgeous

Yellow said...

Thanks guys. The linework is copied from that drawing in the cold wind over the road from my house. They sky colours were taken from the previous entris in the book by you all. The leaves are torn hand-made paper painted in watercolour, concentrating on the edges.