Saturday 24 January 2009

At last, after months of nothing, I've put my piece in Lindsay's Maps & Destinations Moley. I knew what I wanted to do do as soon as I saw the other work in the book, concentrating on the 'destination' idea, with the road outside my house which links me to the rest of the world, and the bus stop I often draw figures at. There are no figures in this piece though.
As I'm the last one on the list to work in it, and as there's 4 blank pages left at the end, Lindsay can round it off. But she may have to wait as Lorraine may want it immediately for the exhibition she's arranged. Let me know where to post it & I'll get it sent straight away.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is just wonderful! A beautiful nocturn and those splashes of red just make the whole thing!!

Lindsay said...

Do you want to send it back to me until we hear about the show?

Yellow said...

Can do, as Lorraine's been very quite recently. I wonder what you'll make of your completed (almost) book.

Brian McGurgan said...

I like the spare but strong color here very much Steph, and the patterns it creates in the gray washes.

vivien said...

I like the way you've used monochrome with that splash of red too - really effective

Lindsay said...

Steph who is left to work in my book. Do you know?

Yellow said...

There was only Casey after me not ticked off. But as he's dropped out, it's back to you. I posted it yesterday (Wednesday) so it should be with you early next week. I hope you're pleased with it.

daviddrawsandpaints said...

Very simple and almost abstract with the soft pink/greys and bold orange statements. Also that dark glowering northern sky. Good one Steph! Have you seen any buses go by yet?