Saturday 26 July 2008

Lorraine's book - theme CLOSE

Gesa's work in Lorraine's book - theme: Close

This book is looking so good! it starts off with a coloured pencil drawing by Lorraine of her beloved garden, closely followed by a loving couple in the undergrowth by David and then this lovely Joan Eardley inspired image by Gesa over 4 pages.

I love Joan Eardley's work - both her Glasgow tenement children and her lovely abstracted landscapes.




details



These are so lively and the photos don't do them justice - the mix of collage and painterly marks, glazes and scumbles of paint need to be seen in real life.

I'm going to have to wait ages for the next one I think :>(

I can't wait to see what else has been happening to mine :>)

and on to another post about Brian's book ....

.

3 comments:

Lor Lor said...

I love this, I can't wait to see it in real life. I've just finished reading a book on Joan Eardley and I really admire her work.
A big thank you to Gesa for introducing her to me.

Gesa said...

You are very welcome, Lorraine. It was good fun to go back to Eardley - she was so close all autumn but receded a bit into the background. So, this was a fabulous opportunity to revisit, and to do some with her children sketches.

Yellow said...

This, I think, is my favorite so far, and I'll get to see it in the flesh soon. It's so alive, it could be turned into an animated short story. I can hear the street noise from over the wall, the chatter emerging from the houses. I'm back home this weekend, so I should be able to get working on Dance soon after.