Sunday 5 October 2008

Dance by Steph


Here's Steph's contribution to David's "Dance" theme. We transition from Vivien's delicate blossoms scattered by a late summer breeze to Steph's energetic dancers kicking, jumping, and stretching across the page. The figures are drawn with wonderful efficiency and vigor, suggestive of the dynamic motion of dance while complimenting the light, floating feel of the red blossoms. This book is a real treat with great work by David, Gesa, Vivien, and now Steph - hopefully I can keep it going...

3 comments:

vivien said...

these are great Steph! lively and active and freely caught

daviddrawsandpaints said...

Couldn't have put it better myself Brian and Vivien.
These figure sketches are super Steph ('Super Steph'? - have you got red tights, a big "S" on your top, and a flowing cape I wonder?).
Lovely dancing movement and they fit well in the photo with Viviens blown blossoms as well.

Yellow said...

David, you made me guffaw reading that. Thanks guys, they were fresh from that show I saw, and I'm glad that came across.